Wednesday, October 17, 2007

THE RETURN OF DELI GURL PART ONE

'Kay you all, I have so much to share and as usual no time to do it! Do you realize that it takes me about an hour to type, check and publish each and every post? LOL- I never claimed to be a whiz on the compy after all!!!

So, deli dude ended up taking an undisclosed amout of time off from the Deli. Boss man brought in a few other people to cover the loss of one employee, I work with one of the newbies directly, the others work the evening shift mainly in the store so I don't know them that well. If ya haven't guessed yet, I have been sooooo busy, I haven't even posted or visited anyone. Gawd. I so miss all of you, it's just at the best of times I have a tough time typing, and with all of my extra hours and responsibilities, my hands have been pretty swollen and useless by the time I actually make it home at night!

The good news/bad news is that I may be back to haunt you all sooner than I had originally thought! I don't yet know for sure, but I may be unemployed again! Check in for " Part Two ", as I have more info to fill in... for now I will leave with a gratitude list followed by a couple of pics of my not-so-pretty hands wearing a couple of rings that have a story to go with them...


Today I am grateful for the following...

  • I have my relapse prevention group tonight
  • I actually had a BIG craving to drink today, but chose NOT TO

  • My daughter and I are having issues, but not killing each other today!

  • to be healthy, happy and sober

  • to have people in my life who love me unconditionally

  • to be able to check in today and let all y'all know I am still alive and kickin'

  • to be alive and kickin'
    Um, I know the pic is hard to see, but the ring on the left is one with my late fathers' birthstone in it- a topaz. A friend of AAngels found it and when I heard what it looked like I bought it from him for $20. On Thanksgiving (2nd Monday in October for us Canucks) I showed my mom, and told her that it made me feel like dad was still with me to have the ring on, so she gave me one with her birthstone (an emerald). Both of the rings have diamonds around the centre stone and are really pretty- it is like my own tribute to my mom and dad....

11 comments:

dAAve said...

I hope the job thing works out the way you would like it to, but if it doesn't there's no reason to drink. Eh?

Granny said...

Others have had problems with blogger and uploading too I understand. There is blue language all around the net.

Good luck with the job and welcome back.

Have you given any thought to voice recognition software? I have no idea how expensive it is but it would solve your typing problems.

Syd said...

Glad to read your post. Hope that the job woes get better.

Shadow said...

hey! i'm glad you're busy. but have missed you around...

and a topaz is my birthstone too...

sharonsjourney said...

You're back! Yea! I've missed you! I can't wait to hear part 2. I hope your job works out. Wouldn't ya know. You & deli dude worked so good together. Welcome back!

Judith said...

I'm glad you're still doing ok. It's good to hear from you. Hope you get a chance to post again soon.

xoxox

The Maven said...

Hey stranger! I, like, miss you! I'm going to go update my blog momentarily with our various goings on, but suffice to say that it's been really busy around here, too! Hope to see you on Friday. I (finally!) will be able to get to our homegroup. Shocker!

Love you much *hugs*

Sober Steve said...

Hey Girl

Missed you, oh thats right I'm the missing one. Trying to stick around the blogging world more. Been busy, but playing with fire on somedays.

Steve

Anonymous said...

hey hey
Is it winter time again yet? Take care
woo-hoo!

Mrs. Random said...

Hey you :) Glad to hear boss brought in more people to cover for deli guy. Working a busy job and being short staffed is no fun.

Love the rings :) I still wear my high school ring, many, many years after I should be wearing it...just because Mammaw and Pappaw bought it for me, and it reminds me of them.

sharonsjourney said...

Where'd you go? I'll keep checking in. Hope you're doing good, & not working TOO hard. We have to have some play time too, hope you're getting that.